Tuna, pea and red chilli pasta. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. The perfect recipe when you don't have a lot in your pantry! This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood.
This recipe definitely fits that formula. The "sauce" is simply olive oil flavored with garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Add to that little bits of salty tuna and flecks of fresh parsley and you're instantly transported to some little. You can have Tuna, pea and red chilli pasta using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna, pea and red chilli pasta
- Prepare 150 g of dried pasta.
- Prepare 1 tin of tuna.
- It's 3 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need of Red chilli.
- It's 200 g of frozen peas.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 100 g of parmesan cheese.
- It's of Black pepper.
Mix the onions, tuna, tomatoes, peas and pasta. Add a little more oil if you think it needs it. Serve with a grating of parmesan. Put the pasta on to cook (in the tomato-blanching water), being careful not to let it go past the al dente stage.
Tuna, pea and red chilli pasta instructions
- Start cooking the pasta..
- Dice the onion and soften in a small amount of oil.
- When the onion is softened add the red chilli and sauté for a minute.
- Add the drained tuna and sauté everything together for two minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, add two tablespoons of water from the pasta pot and cover the pan. The ingredients will cook together.
- After the peas are cooked (about 4 minutes), season with plenty of black pepper, oil and 100g of Parmesan cheese..
- Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce with some extra olive oil. Serve with the remaining Parmesan cheese and plenty of black pepper..
Boil up a little bit of water for the peas. My tuna pasta salad features peas & rocket (arugula), then it gets dressed in a lemon vinaigrette all finished off with a bit of fresh chilli. That's right a tuna pasta salad with NO mayonnaise. I choose a lighter but no less flavoured lemon dressing instead. The dressing gets some chopped anchovies, a. teaspoons chili flakes (can use minced or fresh chilli instead if desired).