Eggplant Lasagna. This lasagna recipe replaces the traditional pasta with eggplant slices and adds layers of seasoned ground beef. Eggplant Lasagna makes an easy and delicious lasagna recipe the whole family will love! This eggplant lasagna is the perfect solution for a dish with tons of flavor without missing the pasta.
People absolutely love the lasagna we. This eggplant lasagna from Delish.com is cheesy and completely meat free. Lay slices on a cooling rack and season with salt. You can have Eggplant Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Lasagna
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil,.
- It's 1 Clove of Garlic Thinly Sliced,.
- Prepare Pinch of Chili Flakes,.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Italian Seasoning,.
- It's 14 oz of Canned Diced Tomatoes,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- You need of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Cooking.
- You need Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- You need 300 g of Ground Chicken,.
- You need of Eggplant, 4 Large.
- Prepare Pinch of White Pepper,.
- You need 1 Handful of Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly Grated,.
- Prepare of Fresh Basil Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
- It's of Low Moisture Mozzarella Freshly Shredded, A Good Handful.
Some eggplant lasagna recipes ask you to grill the eggplant slices instead. While this imparts a nice smoky flavor, I find that grilling individual slices is too time-consuming; roasting is hands-off and more. Low Carb Eggplant Lasagna Recipe Without Noodles - Gluten-Free - This healthy low carb eggplant lasagna recipe without noodles is quick and easy to make, using simple ingredients. This keto eggplant lasagna recipe is a delicious low-carb marriage of two Italian comfort dishes: Eggplant Parmesan and Meat Lasagna.
Eggplant Lasagna instructions
- In a skillet or pan over the lowest heat possible, add olive oil. Add in garlic, chili flakes and Italian seasoning. The garlic should barely be sizzling..
- If the garlic is sizzling, the heat is too high.* Let the oil infused with the ingredients for about 10 to 15 mins or until the garlic starts to brown. Remove from heat and transfer into a bowl of canned diced tomatoes. *You can pass the oil mixture thru a fine sieve to catch all the garlic, chili and seasonings.*.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper. Dust some mushroom powder over the top. Give it a quick stir to combine well. Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge until ready to use. *This tomato sauce can be kept in the fridge for 3 days.*.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius or 400 fahrenheit. Slice the eggplants lengthwise to 6 slices per eggplant. Lay the eggplant slices on a wire rack..
- Lightly seasoning with salt. Set aside for about 15 mins. This will allow the eggplant to release some of its bitter moisture. Pad the eggplant slices dry..
- Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with more salt and pepper. Wack in the oven and roast for about 15 mins..
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool down slightly. *Do not off the oven yet.* In the meantime, drizzle some oil onto a skillet over medium heat..
- Once the oil is heated up, add in the ground chicken. Using a spatula to break the chicken into bits and pieces. Season generously with salt, white pepper and mushroom powder..
- Cook the chicken until slightly brown. Add in about 1 cup of the tomato sauce. *Depending on what consistency you are looking for. If you prefer saucy, add more tomato sauce.* Stir to combine well..
- Lastly, taste and adjust for seasonings. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Spoon some of the tomato-chicken sauce onto a slice of eggplant. Sprinkle some mozzarella over the top..
- Lay another slice of eggplant on top of the cheese. Repeat the layering process until you have a stack of 3 eggplants. Scatter some parmigiano over the top. Repeat the process for the remaining eggplants..
- Wack back into the oven and bake until the cheeses have melted. Remove from the oven. Transfer onto serving plates..
- Garnish with some basil over the top. Serve immediately..
The roasted eggplant slices serve as the lasagna "noodles. This Low-Carb Eggplant Lasagna recipe is made with eggplant slices, which makes it perfect for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. Broiled eggplant stands in for lasagna noodles in this robust dish. Vegan eggplant lasagna, made with eggplant slices, marinara sauce, vegan tofu ricotta and vegan parmesan cheese. Layer this cheesy, saucy Eggplant Lasagna recipe from Food Network for a hearty vegetarian Italian meal.