Eggplant Casserole with Red Wine Tomatoe Sauce. Eggplant, tomato and onion are layered and seasoned with a splash of balsamic vinegar before being topped off with bread crumbs. Ok so I really changed this recipe. I put bread crumbs and cheese on top over every level of the eggplant.
Added a bit of crushed red pepper to give a little spice. Family informed me that eggplant is not a favorite. Hearty eggplant casserole can easily serve as a filling meatless entree. You can cook Eggplant Casserole with Red Wine Tomatoe Sauce using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Casserole with Red Wine Tomatoe Sauce
- You need 1 of Eggplant (Large).
- You need 1 can of tomato paste.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- It's 2 can of tomato( dice).
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of Dry Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of ritz crackers.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
The combination of eggplant, tomato sauce, and melted cheese is wonderful. The combination of deeply flavorful, roasted eggplant slices, tangy tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella combine. Try this Eggplant in Tomato-Wine Sauce recipe, or contribute your own. When done add to the pasta along with the tomato sauce, oregano, salt, pepper and red wine. stir and heat gently (on low).
Eggplant Casserole with Red Wine Tomatoe Sauce instructions
- 1 large eggplant wash and cut into thin slices .Wet slices in cold water, add slice in flour add salt , black pepper, or your favorite seasonings. In a saucepan add oil fry on both sides till golden brown.remove from pan place on dry paper towels. Sauteed chopped onions, chopped garlic , saute (dont) burn the garlic , you can add the garlic last Add can of tomato paste, can dice tomatoes, water, red wine, Italian seasoning. Simmering for 20 minutes. In a baking dish add cooked eggplant like your layering lasagna. Add sauces on top cheese do the second step as well. Crumble the ritzs crackers add melted butter mix it all together top it on the eggplant casserole. Bake 350 for 25 minutes..
Put the zucchini slices on one sheet and the eggplant on the other. Brush the slices all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Review Body: Great casserole especially using really fresh veggies. In this dish, lightly browned eggplant is layered with tomatoes, sweet onions, and garlic, then it is baked to perfection with a cheese topping. Layer eggplant slices with the onion and tomato mixture in a shallow, lightly greased casserole.