D's Italian Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce.
You can cook D's Italian Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of D's Italian Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- It's 1 lb of of chicken, your favorite cut.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It's 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, divided into 3..2 tbsp each.
- It's 4 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, dinced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of envelope of wishbone dry Italian dressing mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dry white wine, or whatever white you have on hand.
- It's 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 of splash of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese, chive flavored.
- It's 1 of Juice of 2 lemons.
- You need 1 of Sea salt.
- You need 1 of Ground coarse pepper.
D's Italian Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Preheat frying pan. When pan is smoking turn down to med high and add olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter..
- Salt and pepper chicken generously and add to pan. If skin attached, add to pan skin side down. Brown both sides. About 2-4 minutes on each side. Be careful not to burn. You are going to use the drippings for the sauce. Remove chicken when browned..
- Turn down heat to med and Add onion . Salt and pepper. Saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for about a minute. Be careful not to burn it..
- Turn heat back to medium high. Add pepper flakes, cream, wine and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for a minute or 2 cooking off the alcohol of the wine. Add 2 tbsp more of butter, italian mix, whisk in cream cheese and lemon juice. Add more pepper to taste. Bring to a boil until creamy..
- Replace chicken in pan. Cover pan with foil and place in oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through..
- Remove pan from oven. Let rest covered in pan for 10 minutes and serve with gravy. Enjoy over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice..