Brad's fried trout w/ lemon caper bernaise sauce & bacon risotto. A sauce built on shallots, white wine and lemon adds complexity. Trout fillets rolled in Gator Wing Batter, pan fried and served with a choice of citrus sauces: Lemon Butter Caper, Almond, or Sea Salt & Lime. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Pour the sauce over the fillets and serve immediately. Smoked trout is one of my favorite proteins for meal prep. I usually smoke it on the grill or bake it in the oven. You can have Brad's fried trout w/ lemon caper bernaise sauce & bacon risotto using 34 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's fried trout w/ lemon caper bernaise sauce & bacon risotto
- You need of For the trout.
- You need 5 of fresh trout filets, bones removed, skin on.
- Prepare 1 pkg of Louisiana brand new Orleans fish fry.
- It's 3 of eggs, beaten.
- It's of For the sauce.
- You need 2 of pkgs knorr brand bernaise sauce mix.
- It's 12 Oz of can evaporated milk.
- It's 1/2 cup of water.
- It's 3 tsp of capers, rinsed and drained.
- You need 2 tbs of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of For the marscapone.
- It's 6 Oz of marscapone cheese, room temperature.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced fresh chives.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need of For the braised cabbage.
- You need 1 of large head Napa cabbage, course chopped.
- You need 1/2 of onion, sliced thin.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It's 1 cup of dry reisling.
- It's 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of For the risotto.
- It's 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon.
- It's 1 cup of arborio rice.
- It's 1/2 cup of dry reisling.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It's 2 tbs of minced chives.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shaved parmesan cheese.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
Remove the skillet from the heat, then add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Quickly stir the sauce so that it turns into a semi-creamy sauce, then pour it over the freshly baked trout. Use this lemon sauce with baked or grilled salmon or tuna, chicken, or turkey cutlets. It is an excellent sauce to use to gussy up plain sauteed turkey cutlets or baked chicken breasts or drizzle it over baked salmon or tuna fillets.
Brad's fried trout w/ lemon caper bernaise sauce & bacon risotto instructions
- Prepare the trout fillets. Leave skin on. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside..
- Whip together the marscapone ingredients. Chill in the fridge until ready to use..
- Chop bacon into small pieces, fry in a small pan, don't let it get crunchy. Keep it tender. Drain and set aside..
- Try to cook the cabbage, risotto, and fish at the same time so it is all ready at once..
- For the cabbage, drizzle olive oil in a LG stock pot. Add onion and sweat out liquid. Add rest of cabbage ingredients and cook on medium low heat until cabbage is tender..
- For the sauce, whisk together ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir very often..
- For the risotto, heat a touch of oil in a large frying pan. Saute onion and garlic until sweated off. Add rice and a touch more oil. Saute until just before rice starts to brown. Add wine and cook stirring often until it is absorbed. Turn heat to medium low. Add chicken broth one cup at a time cooking until the liquid absorbs between adding more. Be careful you might not need all of the broth. If rice is tender on adding the 3rd cup, do not add the 4th..
- When adding the last cup of liquid, add rest of ingredients except salt and pepper. Cook until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, but not too thick or watery. Adjust as needed. Season to taste..
- For the fish. Preheat deep fryer to 375 degrees. Place fish fry in one bowl and beaten egg in another. Dredge fish in batter, then eggs, then back in batter. Deep fry 2 filets at a time for around 4 minutes. Batter should be a light golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in a 180 degree oven until ready to serve..
- Plate cabbage. Top with 2 trout filets. Cover with brenaise sauce. Top with a dallop of marscapone and sprinkle with a touch of paprika. Add risotto on the side. Garnish with a couple fresh chives. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
You will love this classic bernaise sauce recipe! It is a delicious tarragon and butter sauce for your next steak dinner. It's called sauce béarnaise in French. Milk-Braised Pork With Lemon-Caper Mashed Potatoes. That's how this humble fish is often described.