Amatriciana (Tomato Sauce).
You can have Amatriciana (Tomato Sauce) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amatriciana (Tomato Sauce)
- You need 2 (16 oz) of cans whole tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 lbs of thick cut bacon or pancetta chopped.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of Salt.
Amatriciana (Tomato Sauce) instructions
- Add tomatoes to blender and puree. Put aside for later use..
- In a large Dutch oven cook onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent..
- Add bacon and water. Cook until water is evaporated and fat has rendered..
- Add tomato paste and red pepper flakes and a few teaspoons of salt. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add wine and cook until reduced by half..
- Add tomato puree and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer for at least 45 minutes..
- Serve with pasta noodle of your choice. Corkscrew or penne work best..